Extern HD not formatted after Win XP reinstal

Closed
Porp - Jul 22, 2009 at 02:39 AM
 hum - Jul 22, 2009 at 05:41 PM
My C-drive was out of free space, so I moved all my files to an external hard drive (Simpletech, Simpledrive, Model 90000-40479-002) and reinstalled Windows XP on C-drive. No problem until I went to recover my files on the external HD.

I get an error message: Disk not formatted...The disk in drive D is not formatted...Do you want to format now?...Yes...No.

How do I recover my files?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 22, 2009 at 01:40 PM
Hello,

You mean the partition d: must be formatted?

Just format it and save all your data from the external drive to the partition D:

Thanks
"Disk not formatted...The disk in drive D is not formatted...Do you want to format now?...Yes...No",
is the error message. It doesn't indicate anything about partitions, but that's why I'm asking for help.

D-drive is where I've stored ALL of my information. It seems to me that if I format a partition on D, or format D-drive, that I will loose ALL of my data. How do I retreive my data from D-drive, when I cannot access D-drive? If I can do that, I'll gladly format a partition or format the entire disk. First I need to get my data onto some secure, retrievable medium.
Hello, (Sorry for my english, i'am french user of ccm forum)

Have you got use a automatic recovery system ? Or normal cd xp ?

Have you plug in your external disk hard drive while you restore your pc ? Error !

Your partition are erased but not your data and you must restore the information of partition :)

You can use a software or your little hand. I did it once ; that's enough.

/!\ You should not format !!! but restore the information of partition !

recover deleted partition - Search Google :
https://www.google.com/search?q=recover+deleted+partition&gws_rd=ssl

Thanks