Disk boot failure, insert system disk

Closed
ravee - Jul 23, 2009 at 12:39 AM
DavidStanely5 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2012 - Dec 19, 2012 at 09:09 AM
Hello,
i have p4 pc recently i formatted the pc and now iam trying to install win xp but iam getting
disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter message
i tried all possible ways
1) changing the bios to boot from hdd
2)changing the bios to boot from xp cd
3)to boot from a bootable cd
but all in vain , i dont have a floppy drive,
Related:

2 responses

afsgun Posts 275 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009 38
Jul 23, 2009 at 04:49 AM
hi,

this is a problem with the IDE cable.

or make sure that the power cable is properly connected to the HDD.

get the IDE cable replaced.

if the problem stoll persists, then this may result in a hard disk failure.

get a new one.
Good solution to the problem. Well done.
DavidStanely5 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 20, 2012 6
Dec 19, 2012 at 09:09 AM
Follow these steps:

Boot From the Windows Install Disc
The first thing you'll need to do is boot off the install disc, and then click through until you see the "Repair your computer" link in the lower left-hand corner.
You'll need to choose the correct installation of Windows and then click the Next button.
And then you'll get to the System Recovery Options screen, where you can get to the Command Prompt.

Repairing the Master Boot Record
If you want to restore the master boot record, you can simply type in the following command:

bootrec /fixmbr

You can also write a new boot sector onto the system partition with this command (which is often more useful):

bootrec /fixboot

And of course, if you just use bootrec /? you'll be able to see all the options.