PC is hosed

Closed
Frustrated - Jul 27, 2009 at 01:31 PM
 dvd - Jul 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Hello,

-Recently my PC rebooted itself and now AV thinks that all files in system32 folder are viruses (calc.exe tc..)
-I cannot go to any AV sites (Cannot open webpage)
-System restore (booted and safe mode will not work) says not running
-While in safe mode I incorrectly hit the restore system function, but when it said proceeding will set to factory I closed out (did I break it?)
-Now I cannot copy files, move files, I get logonui errors
-Can it be fixed or is it toast?
Thx
Related:

2 responses

are you able to log into windows and access the computer/internet/email? if so, then i definitely recommend asking www.fixedlikemagic.com to get you out of this tricky situation. it sounds like your registry is stuffed and your windows installation is possibly damaged... you dont want to cause more damage
Thanks for the reply. The only thing that will work is to open up task manager and I can browse files from there. I cannot even get it to recognize a cd in the drive. There are some real funky looking files in the directories around the time this happened but I cannot delelte them (corrupted file it reads) I think this is toast and it is too bad because I had some files on there that I would like to move off. I could probably do a system restor to factory defaults but I lose everything. Thx again.
From within Task Manager, click on File > New Task (Run..) and type in "explorer.exe" (without the "" marks)

Click OK. This SHOULD bring up your desktop and start menu. If you wish to discuss further then please email me at rushace @ hotmail . com