Computer turns off after 3 sec of turning ON

Closed
step by step - Jul 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM
 dadaw - May 11, 2010 at 03:09 AM
Hello,
THE COMPUTER IS A V2PREMIER AND IT IS ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD. fOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS IT WOULD TURN OFF BY ITSELF AFTER USING IT FOR AWHILE. THEN i WOULD WAIT A FEW MINUTES AND IT WOULD POWER UP AGAIN AND BE FINE. Last week the computer would not turn on, after several attempts it powered up and then after 3 secs it turnedoff and would not turn on again. I have read many advises but I can not do any of them because the computer does not stay on long enough. I blink - it turns off. My husband took the side panel off and dusted the conputer and the fan - he says tthat when the computer starts up the fan turns. I am very much computer ignorant and therefore any advice would be great. I read to clean out the CPU ( sorry -what is that, what does it look like and where do I find it? ) And clean it with what? please please help!!!!
Related:

2 responses

vahiddhm Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2009
Jul 29, 2009 at 02:22 AM
From your narration i guess two things

1.Power supply issue, i think the power supply(SMPS) is not working well.
2.The other issue is that the cooling paste on processor is worn out.You have to get a cooling paste and remove the CPU and apply it.Ok

It would help you,revert me if any help needs,

http://www.soluzia.net
Don't belive this link, spam
THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR GETTING BACK AND HELPING - MY HUSBAND IS READY TO CHUCK THE COMPUTER BUT WITH FOUR CHILDREN AND ME BEING A TEACHER I NEED THE COMPUTER RIGHT NOW AND WANT TO TRY ANYTHING BEFORE SAYING QUITS!

YOU SAID POWER ISSUE - SO WHERE WOULD I FIND THE POWER SUPPLY AND WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE AND WHAT DO I DO WHEN I FIND IT?

WHAT IS a CPU? WHERE IS IT AND WHERE DO I APPLY THIS PASTE?

THANKS
It seems its very dangerous to give these tips as you are very much unaware of these parts,its better to give to some service centers ,they will do it soon.For you,its very difficult to find out these parts and once you get it i dont think you can fix these inside the computer.So dont take risk,