Formula to copy data from one cell

Closed
Nick D - Jul 31, 2009 at 07:18 AM
 NickJDodds - Aug 3, 2009 at 05:55 AM
Hello,

I need a formula to Copy data from one spreadsheet to another automatically. I need it to update the most recent figure into it and copy if to another.
E.g. Cell A1 is on 100 and the formula copies that to Cell B1, but the next day I update the data into A2 and new data in A3 and next data in cell A4, I need a formula to change the figure in the cell B1 to my updates. So day one is on 100 then when I change the data on the next it will change to the new data on A2,A3 and A4?

Please can you help?

2 responses

Sorry I knew this formula, but thank you,

what im looking for is a formula so when I re-enter data into a cell it copies that data to another cell.

so A1 is at 100 and this shows on cell B1
then later cell A2 becomes 150 I need cell B1 to copy A2 and keep doing this when data is entered so 100 for A1 is copies then when A2 becomes 150 it copies that then A3 becomes 200 it copies A3?
Hello,

Depending on what you want to do with the data in the A column, depends on the formula. If you want to keep a running total of A1 to A4 the formula is

in cell B1

=SUM(A1:A4)

Even if the cells are empty at the moment, you may have an error warning stating that B1 refers to empty cells though.

I hope that helps