Error Overload

Closed
Sumomo - Aug 3, 2009 at 10:35 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Hello,

When I turn on my computer, a whole host of error message pops up. In order which they appear these are the error messages I receive:
"C:/windows/system32/mswsqj.exe application not found"
"could not load or run 'C:/windows/system32/mswsqj.exe' specified in registry. Make sure the file exist on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry."
"The exception unknown software exception (0x0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x77517e42."
"The instructions at "0x7c911d02" referenced memory at "0x0d1c013e". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program."

I have no idea what's the cause of this.

Also, when I try to open the majority of the files on my computer a the 'open with' menu pops up, even when I tried to run a malware program. I tried to repair the problems with instruction on this site but are not are affective in resolving the problems. Example: I tried to go to Start -> Run -> type in "cmd". When I tried that method, the 'open with' menu results.

I was even desperate enough to try to restore my computer back to the factory setting but that also isn't possible, once again, the 'open with' menu pops up.

On top of that, I have a program called 'Windows Antivirus Pro' which I can't get rid of with any method because no program will open.

Please, Please Help!

Thank You, I would really really really appreciate the help!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM
You have a number of virus attacks on your computer. Your best bet may be to pay a computer shop to clean the hard drive and reinstall Windows. This is a heavy duty virus that blocks most attempts to remove it.

Good Luck