How do i secure my zoom wireless connection

Closed
cam1990 - Aug 25, 2009 at 04:03 PM
 alex - Aug 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Hello,
My name's alex and i'm unsure of how to password my zoom adsl x6 wireless connection so that only those with the knowledge of the password/key/whatever can access our connection. i feel that multiple people outside of my knowledge are using my connection aside from users in my house and in return our connection is mostly limited, disconnected VERY often, unstable, and crashes often. can someone help me with how i can password my connection with a WEP key or something of the sort
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2009 at 08:03 AM
Hello Sir,

You just have to access your Modem or Router configuration,

Type: 192.168.1.1 on a browser and enter the user name and password to proceed,

Click on the security option and you'll be asked to secure your network

Save and Exit

Thanks
for my situation this is incorrect data. i only posted my question because i had already seen this reply on another question tried it and failed. the reasons this failed could be the explorer i was using. i used mozilla not internet explorer. another reason could be the modem's brand. im unsure as to the actual cause. however in my case using 10.0.0.2 worked. i tried to be as specific to the brand of my modem as possible in the original message because of this fact. i needed the website zoom uses to configure modem's. i'd like to thank you anyways though. in the future if someone has a zoom modem provide them with this address instead