Uninstall dvd drive

Closed
Ishi - Aug 25, 2009 at 09:21 PM
 Ishi - Aug 30, 2009 at 03:34 PM
Hello,

I have uninstall the dvd drive from device manager, now the dvd burner does not work, how can i reinstall the driver for the dvd burner to work can some one let me know thank you.

I changed the port that my dvd burner was install so the computer will auto serch for the drver and fix it , It sercher's but a window opens saying it can locate driver's to load the operating system cd to load the operating system cd my dvdv burner does not work. my operating system is VISTA BUSINESS thank you.
Related:

2 responses

Taishi Posts 6 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2009 11
Aug 25, 2009 at 09:52 PM
Hmm DVD drives are usually plug and play and automatically install, for some reason vista doesn't have the driver for your drive (being business edition doesn't surprise me though I have had problems with drivers that ultimate always had.), I would recommend going to the DVD drive's manufacture site, it should have the latest drivers for your DVD rom.
Thanks Taishi for your reply my dvd is a oem version I did check the manufacture's web site I did not find a driver that I could down load will you be abel to send me a link DVD burner is Samsung SH-S223 22xSATA
Taishi Posts 6 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2009 11
Aug 28, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Sorry about the delay on the reply, I just tried to find drivers for it, I can't find a driver set anywhere for it, though there are a ton of firmware updates, though they are useless if you can see the drive in the computer, may I ask how old it is? its possible the plug and play feature on it is shot, I would say if it is still under warrenty contact samsung to see if you can get it replace, or at the very least to see if you can get the drivers emailed to you.
Ishi > Taishi Posts 6 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2009
Aug 30, 2009 at 03:27 PM
Good morning thanks for your kind help, last night I did a serch and found out it was code 19 that I was getting.
I google it and found an answer to it, I had to go in to the registry and delete the upper filter and lower filter on dvd com drive and it worked.

Thank you for all your help.

Ishi
Hello,
This is what i did and it works

Microsoft Windows Vista
Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK. Collapse this imageExpand this imageIf you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.