Need help identifying my problem :(

Closed
Gitzi Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 - Aug 26, 2009 at 11:41 AM
peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday August 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 - Aug 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Hey Guys,

So there i was last night when my laptop shut itself down, i turned it back on to bw greeted with a message saying something along the lines of disk drive error- replace the disk drive and press any key, anyways i though it was game over and went to bed.

This morning i was amazed to find the laptop was working great, i ran a scan and disk check errors, it was alll good.

Anyways, i went to the gym and when i got home i turned it on to find that it worked great up to the desktop screen, here no programs were opening and only half my icons were apperaing at the bottom and when i click on them they immediatly do not respond, i cannot get onto the my computer folders. However i can run the laptop in safe mode and everything is fine. Also after restarting my laptop a few times, a screen came up saying that it is scanning my hard disk in 3 stages. :S

-I am using Windows Vista Home Premium
-It us an Advent 5312 Laptop

Thanks in advance!!!

1 response

peter.not Posts 11 Registration date Monday August 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2009 4
Aug 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM
if it works fine in safe mode, than there should be nothing wrong with the laptop itself.
But I have noticed that there are many people here on forum complaining on vista.

I think that you have picked up virus, something like win32.

Do you run any antivirus?
Maybe it's your hard disk dying? Hopefully not.
If you can't count on guarantee anymore, reinstall you windows! I've heard that windows 7 is great!

Or you can get rid of all your problems forever and go for linux!!