Loss of pictures in computer.

Closed
ALE - Aug 26, 2009 at 02:06 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Hello,
The other day my husband had to rebute our lab tab and all my phone pictures got lost. I've used my nokia phone for taking pictures but once i downloaded them to the computer i would erase them so i can take more and i'm wondering if the little black chip of the pictures can my pictuere be retreaved all that i've taken. I didn't down load them into a CD. Please do help me. Their my first baby pictures .
MY PHONE MODLE IS 6300

2 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 26, 2009 at 05:23 PM
are you sure they have gone off the laptop?
have you done a wild card search for all picture files?
you may beable to recover them, even if they have been deleted from laptop.
the least use of laptop the better so that software will have better chance of recovering them.

again it may be possible to recover your pictures from your phone card as long as you haven't taken any more pictures.
Blocked Profile
Sep 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM
You can often recover deleted pictures successfully from a PC, phone, camera memory card or USB Memory stick. It all depends on what has happened since you deleted the pictures.

When you delete pictures (or any files) the data itself isn’t deleted, just the index entry that tells the system where the data for those files is located. The area containing the deleted data is also now marked as free space so it is available for any new files to be written there instead.

If and when that happens, then it is too late to recover your deleted pictures so it is very, very important to not save any new files or data to the device concerned.

If the deleted pictures are on your PC, use another PC to browse the internet for a solution as internet browsing causes lots of temporary files to get written to the disk. Download any photo recovery software, for example, to a memory stick, plug that in the computer with the deleted pictures and run it from there.
If the deleted pictures are on a camera memory card or USB memory stick, just don’t save any new files to it.
One of the easiest ways to see if you can recover deleted pictures is to try some photo recovery software.

A good tip is to try the free demo version of a commercial product that will scan the device for deleted pictures and show you exactly what pictures can be recovered. At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted pictures or if it’s too late already. You can find more useful information on how to recover deleted pictures at http://www.squidoo.com/recover-deleted-phone-pictures