Xp wont start in safe mode (or any other mode

Closed
Nalle - Sep 2, 2009 at 12:57 PM
 Anna Software - Sep 3, 2009 at 02:36 PM
Hello,
My comp wont start properly.

I get the xp boot screeen and all seems fine but just as you would expect the desktop to appear, the safe mode screen comes up.

It then doesnt matter i try to reboot in safemode, normal mode or any other mode, the same thing happens again.

It says that it could be becasue of a new hardware.
I did change the monitor but changed it back to the old one but that still wouldnt help.

many thanks
Related:

3 responses

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Sep 3, 2009 at 11:45 AM
hello

Now i see what you mean, you are stuck in the boot options page, its kind of unusual, Well either the boot is corrupt or it has been modified (probably a virus??) Well normally i would suggest you to rewrite the boot ini from the boot partition, but you need to be able to read your hard disk to be able to do that. Do you have a the Windows cd? you can try to repair this error using the windows installation cd
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Sep 2, 2009 at 01:50 PM
hello, do you mean windows dont start at all or it just boot to safe mode only? you title and your post are a bit contradictory
sorry about that.

it boots normally until i see the windows logo. Then it opens upo the "start in safe mode option window" where I can choose safe mode, normala mode etc. But whatever i pick. it still doesnt start properly.
boots uop until the windows logo, then back to the "start in safe mode option window" it just keep doing that in the same cyckle.

manty thanks
Anna Software
Sep 3, 2009 at 02:36 PM
Hello

you can try to restore your operating system with a windows recovery disk. I offer them along with directions how to boot the OS here: www.oemsoftwaresource.com

Good luck! Anna