HP Pavilion can't boot!

Solved/Closed
PilotH Posts 2 Registration date Saturday September 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009 - Sep 6, 2009 at 07:10 AM
PilotH Posts 2 Registration date Saturday September 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009 - Sep 6, 2009 at 08:37 AM
Hello,

I know I'm new here and am asking for immediate help, but I've seen some people around here and they can help a lot. And I'm kinda in a sticky situation. I have an HP Pavillion DV6408nr. I finished working with it yesterday night, everything went perfectly, then shut it down. Now this morning it seems that whenever I boot it up. It goes to the windows XP loading screen. Then gives me a blue screen, restarts, and gives me a screen for selecting safe mode or not. It say's its due to a power failure. I've tried running it on AC power, no help. Safe mode doesn't work either. Anyone please help? All my critical school files are on there :( The only new thing in there was a pair of brand new ram sticks I got off of ebay. But I got a compablity match from crucial.com and they worked fine for the entire week....
Thanks,
PilotH
Related:

2 responses

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Sep 6, 2009 at 07:36 AM
Hye

the blue screen generally came from a fatal error, it is possible that your system is corrupt. if you got you xp installation cd try to boot on it and repair your system.
PilotH Posts 2 Registration date Saturday September 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2009
Sep 6, 2009 at 08:37 AM
Thanks,
That did the fix. Appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I have to redo about 3 projects in 2 days :(. Better get started!