Can't open photo files saved on microSD 8gb

Closed
Jasper - Sep 7, 2009 at 01:51 AM
 Jasper - Sep 8, 2009 at 09:26 PM
Hello,
I am trying to upload photos onto my PC that I have saved onto an 8gb micro SD memory card (I think that is what it's called. I have thrown away the packaging). My computer can open and play all the music files on it, and the picture viewers I have used recognise that there is something there but the image will just not come up. It shows the file name but says things like ' no preview available', 'cannot read from the source file or disk.' and other similar sentiments depending on what program I am trying to use. I am using the memory card in a Samsung 480i phone if that is at all relevant.
I understand that some computers can't read the larger cards and that a external USB card reader might be needed, but the fact that it reads the music files and the photo file names appear I am thinking that the problem lies elsewhere. I have contacted Samsung and they can't help me with the problem. Is there an answer or is it a fault?
Thanks kindly.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2009 at 05:02 AM
Hello Sir,

If you want to view these pictures, you simply have to copy the photos on your hard drive to view them.. and even your music files

Thanks
Hi,
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that doesn't work either. I have since had my phone replaced as Samsung thought it might be the phone, but I'm still having the same problem.
It must be a problem with my computer.
It reads all the music files its just the images that won't appear. They are jpeg files, the file names appear on the picture viewing software but it says that there are no images avaialble.
My computer is around 4 years old, could that have something to do with it.
Cheers