- Hard drive not being seen
- Hard drive diagram - Guide
- How to unlock wd hard drive without password - Guide
- Which one of these types describes hard drive partitions that are accessed directly by the operating system? - Guide
- My passport external hard drive not working ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- WesternDigital My Passport lights up, but not detected on PC ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
You must have only one MASTER or one SLAVE device on a single IDE cable. You can also set both IDE devices to Cable Select (CL) if you motherboard supports this option. I would examine the other device (CD or DVD drive) to determine it's setting. Then, set your hard drive to the opposite jumper setting.
yes I understand I do have only one master and one slave but the thing is that when the dvd and cd are connected to the secondary cable the hard drive is not seen by the bios if i disconnect them then the bios see the hard drive
I see now. That is a strange problem. Have you removed the CMOS battery? If you remove the battery for a least 30 seconds it will erase the BIOS settings. That might be enough to allow the BIOS to see your hard drive.