Laptop shuts down & restarts immediately

Closed
Venkat - Sep 10, 2009 at 09:22 AM
 Jasmine - Aug 17, 2010 at 09:02 PM
Hello,
We have Toshiba laptop with Vista OS. During the login process, after entering the login User Id & Password it will load the all applications/software and once that process is completed in 2,3 minutes then it will shut down & restart the system and prompts to enter the login User Id and Password. Once enter the login User Id & Password again, it will load the all applications/software and it will shut down and restart the system again and prompts to enter the login User Id and Password. McAfee Total Protection Anti-Virus software has been installed on it and didn’t find any bad files after complete Scan. I could work on with safe Mode, but how could I fix this problem, PLEASE?

Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM
hi there,

if you are working in safe mode that's a good sign

now go to Start>

Programs>

accessories>

Click System Tools and open System Restore

select Restore your computer to an earlier time

restart your pc

or

right click on my computer properties>

system properties>

advance tab>

startup and recovery>

setting>

uncheck the automatically restart

Thanks
Thanks a lot
Recently encountered similar problem on a Compaq laptop running XP. Tried every solution/suggestion I could find on the net. No help.

Did a search for all files named shutdown (search ALL files). Deleted the shutdown prefetch file I found and replaced the shutdown.exe file in system32 with one from software distribution folder.

Fixed. Laptop now shuts down properly when commanded from the start button.
My compaq randomly shuts down and restarts itself, sometimes twice in a row, then again it behaves for a long time...what is a prefetch file and what isa software distribution folder? Your answer sounds good, just way over my head. thanx