Aspir1 ACER AOA150-BW not show display on LCD

Solved/Closed
Haris - Sep 30, 2009 at 08:15 AM
 libor - Apr 3, 2010 at 03:27 PM
Hello,
My problem is that i have Aspire ACER AOA150-BW when i turn on it just power light ON,but not show any display on LCD.before this problem i was Hibernate for it for a few minute,and i m using netbook without bettery...plz tell me how can i resolve it.

2 responses

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Sep 30, 2009 at 09:59 AM
hi there,

is it working without the battery?

and when battery inserted its being faulty?

please provide more information

Thanks
actualy i forgot battery in my cousin's home , tht's why i was using netbook without battery..yes it's working Directly with his own DC Adopter.Plz Plz help me..
richtw > Haris
Nov 5, 2009 at 10:07 PM
I had same problem - it's a known issue, with a solution on one of the acer websites. Their solution worked for me. URL is:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/0000/Acer/AspireOneAOA110/AspireOneAOA110faq22.shtml

Q: No Display / System will not POST Aspire One AOA.

A:
Download
AS1_BIOS_3309.zip

Create a recovery USB drive to update the Bios on the unit. The specific steps to perform this recovery with the USB drive are:

1. Download & Extract AS1_BIOS_3309.zip
2. Rename the Bios name from 3309.fd to zg5ia32.fd.
3. Copy zg5ia32.fd and Flashit.exe to USB flash drive.
4. Start the restoration process:

A. Plug the AC Adapter into the unit.
B. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
C. Press and Hold down the Fn and the Esc keys together.
D. Keep these keys held down and press power.
E. When the unit's power light comes on release the Fn and Esc keys.
F. After the keys have been released the power light will start to blink.
G. Let the unit run and after approximately 1-7 minutes, the unit should reboot.
H. Video should now be restored.

If these steps fail to resolve the no post, no video issue please contact Acer Technical Support.
Great, many thanks!!!
I suffered the same problem and any bios upgrade is solving the issue. I tried with v3308 v3309 v3310 (current bios).

The only think I could identify is that I don't have problems when the laptop is hot.

Could be the higher working temperature of Intel Atom N270 processors?

Sorry for not helping with a real solution.