Audio controler problems

Solved/Closed
maxi - Oct 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM
 fai - Dec 18, 2010 at 06:29 AM
Hello,
I'm install operating system on PC and now i can't hear any sounds of my PC. I install Windows XP with Service Pack 2. My Audio Controller is sing with yellow question mark. What I can do. Please help.
Related:

2 responses

I have just spent the last three days working on this issue with my neighbors dell dimension 2400 series desktop and after all was said and done. the problem lies in the order that the restore disk reinstalls the drivers . The modem driver and modem must be uninstalled including the drivers for the half duplex modem in the sound and multimedia section of system in the device manager. Then uninstall the audio drivers s for sound max in add remove programs. On restart if it detects the modem first then choose cancel and then wait for the onboard audio to be found and then have windows automatically install the drivers. After the audio is installed. Restart the system and then when prompted have windows automatically install the modem at this point. The correct order of installation should be 1st chipset drivers 2nd update bios 3rd install audio 4th install modem drivers restart system after each step. and you should be all set. This will also affect the installation of a pci sound card and the card will not work either. Hope this help you guys.

Regards,
JBuerman
thank!