USB Camera

Closed
Wale - Oct 3, 2009 at 12:00 PM
 sicklyboy - Oct 4, 2009 at 05:44 PM
Hello,

I just plug a USB Camera to the computer and it brings this Unknown USB Device thing and then says " The Unknown USB Device will function at reduced speed. You must add a HI-SPEED USB host controller to this computer to obtain maximum performance" I don't understand all that and the webcam isn't working at all. I don't know the webcam model. All i know is it has something written on it QC PASS XR 08 09. Can you help me out here please.

Wale
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 4, 2009 at 07:07 AM
hi there,

did you install the driver for the webcam?

please provide information

Thanks
In addition to what closeup22 said about installing the driver for the webcam, the issue might be that if you are using an older computer, it might have USB 1.1 ports built into it, not the newer USB 2.0. The reduced speed, which windows is warning you about, may actually just prevent the camera from functioning at all. You can buy USB 2.0 add-in cards from most electronics stores, and they should be relatively cheap. However, this may not fix the problem. A good first start, though, would be to install the drivers if you haven't already.