No Audio Output Device Is InstalledNot Solved

Closed
Whisper - Oct 16, 2009 at 02:35 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 18, 2009 at 03:39 AM
Hello,
I tried everything in the book. (Also my Laptop is a HP dv6815nr)

1. Popular on the internet: I went to my Device Manager and tried looking for "Sounds, Video and Game Controller" but to my suprise, that tool was not even on my Device Manager anymore. I clicked on the "Scan for Hardware Changes". Still no "Sounds, Video and Game Controller" option.

2. I download BIOS and Drivers recommended by HP support site. When installing the drivers, i would get a message saying "Driver Intallation Failed: Could not find device for this driver".

3. I tried Systems Recover to get it back to the state in which i first bought the laptop. When I did, my laptop erased eveything on my hard drive. It was exactly how i bought it, except the fact that my audio was still not WORKING!!!!

***VERY IMPORTANT*** Also, i don't think its a hardware problem. Some people have mentioned I may have fryed my motherboard. But when i do install something or wrongfully click a button. I would get a beep sound from the laptop. Therefore, I know the sound card is still functioning and installed in the laptop. I just can't seem to get it to work.

ANYONE THAT CAN HELP PLEASE HELP. I DON'T WANT TO SEND MY LAPTOP IN TO GET FIXED FOR 100'S OF DOLLARS IF I COULD FIX IT SIMPLY WITH A FEW CLICKS ON MY LAPTOP. I WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATIVE TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP, BUT WHEN ANSWERING PLEASE USE A STEP TO STEP INSTRUCTION. I'M NOT AND I.T. PERSON AND WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND TECH VOCABULARY. TAHNK YOU.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 18, 2009 at 03:39 AM
Dear Whisper,

I would recommend you to have a computer technician check

out your pc and change your motherboard.

This should solve your problem.

Thank you.