Network and keyboard light sttill on

Closed
KLE - Oct 17, 2009 at 04:06 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 17, 2009 at 04:37 PM
Hello,
Since I 've purchased an Emachines T6420, more than 3 years, I had many problems with this one. The actual problem is that :
1/ whenever I turn off the computer, the light on the keyboard (numlock) is still on. I haven't had this problem with the others either old or new.
2/ This computer is wired internet ,connected to the router, and the light at the plug ( in the back) still also on, and I think that the network is not shut even when the computer is powered off, and may be this is the source for virus, malwareS... attack my computer . I had many time the malware and virus attacks and most recently just happened 3 days ago.

Could you help me .
Thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 17, 2009 at 04:37 PM
Problem number one - the light on the keyboard - it's on because the PC is set-up to turn on when any key is pressed. Hence the keyboard must be powered on at all times.

Problem number two - the light on the network card - it's on because it's powered by router and not the PC - even if you unplug the PC the light will still be on. Yes the network is always on. But if the OS is shut down down there on system that is in communication with anything on the internet.

Neither of these things is a REAL problem.

Good Luck with the virus clean-up.