Message software not genuine

Closed
silentcat Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 25, 2009 - Oct 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM
 silentcat - Oct 25, 2009 at 06:40 PM
Hello,

I purchased Microsoft Office 2003 in 2005 from 'desktopjunction' on eBay and until recently all the software has been operating with no errors at all.
Excel 2003 was the first to have the error message appear followed by word 2003. Front Page 2003 is the only other software in the package that I use and that appears to be clear of this error.

This message is worrying as I have a lot of saved data over the years and I am wondering if after the 5 days remaining I will still be able to access the data.

I have sent a message to 'desktopjunction' informing them that the software they sold me was not genuine but have had no comment from them.

I am 77 years years old now and can't afford to repurchase Excel, Word and Front Page again.

regards,
silentcat
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Oct 25, 2009 at 01:43 PM
As an option to Microsoft Office you can download OpenOffice. It's FREE but doesn't have a Front Page clone. Just go to www.openoffice.org to download the software.

Good Luck
Thanks for the links.

Seems to work ok with my existing data but seems a little complicated and I think I would only use it if MS office stops working.

Regards,
silentcat