3945abg PRO/Wireless Problems

Closed
Robert189 - Aug 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM
 mfern - Aug 20, 2008 at 02:35 PM
Hello,

I recently upgraded from XP to vista home premium and now I do not know what is wrong with my Wireless Network adapter. Everything else is ok with the laptop but there seems to be a problem with the drivers for my built in network card. I have a e system 3086 with celeron processor and have a built in intel PRO/Wireless 3945abg network adapter and have already tried to download the drivers from intel but i get the message coming up that it cannot load the drivers, (code 31). On device manager there also seems to be a problem with some other device called RTL8187_Wireless and no drivers are installed for this. This seems to be some realtek network adapter which I don't think I have ever had. There are no other problems with the upgrade to Vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob.
Related:

1 response

Solution to Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG internet Connection problems. With Vista as your operating system. You can connect to the Network but cannot connect to the internet. The solution to this is to make sure you don't have the latest driver version dated November 2007 ver. 11.5. This driver is the cause for not being able to connect to the internet. You need to make sure you keep the older driver version. Dated: 08/08/2007 Version: 11.1.1.22. Install this version. Restart your computer. You try then to get into the internet and no success this is because you need to repair the network by diagnosing the problem then make sure that you reconfigure the IP Address which Vista gives you this option and once you have done this then VOILA you now have internet access.