Restoring XP To Factory Settings Without CD

[Closed]
-
 Patrick -
Hello,

I am trying to help a friend who has very little ( if any) computing knowledge at all. He got a computer from his sister, and was very excited to get it, until he learned that it freezes everytime it gets to the desktop. I offered to help him since I know a little about computers, but I quickly had to admit that this problem was way over my head.

I do know that a complete system restore is an option, however as one might assume, the install CD is no longer with the computer.

I know that one of the function (F) keys will allow the option of a complete system restore, however I can't remember which one. Various google searches have turned up empty, and I am facing the daunting task of having to tell my friend that I can't help him after I boasted that I could

If anyone can be at all helpful, please please do so. I am seriously in need. He has had such bad experiences in his life as of late, I really wanted to be able to offer him even the smallest amount of solitude.

I appreicate the help,

Pastor Patrick

3 replies

Registration date
Friday May 15, 2009
Status
Last seen
October 7, 2010
Hi there,

i can understand this situation

but to help you ,you need to give more information

on the pc and model

Thanks
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Certainly!

I apologize for not providing this information sooner. It is an HP Pavillion Model # ze5375us. It is the same computer as is found in this link:

https://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-ze5375us-Laptop-2-40-GHz-Pentium/dp/B00008YGMB

Is this sufficient information?

Thanks again and God bless,

Pastor Patrick
Thanks so much for your help. I tried the information that was provided, but when I hit f10 repeatedly, it just goes through the rest of the start up process. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again,

Pastor Patrick
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
HP factory recovery instructions are at this site:

http://www.pctechbytes.com/hp-recovery.htm

good luck