Laptop bootup

Closed
swapy - Nov 7, 2009 at 01:11 AM
RiverFox Posts 8 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2009 - Nov 7, 2009 at 01:20 AM
Hello,
i am currently using a hp dv2700 laptop which crashed after one of my friend plugged his external hard-drive so i removed his hard-drive and restarted my laptop it started but next day when i tried to start it displayed "windows having start-up problem" and asked me if i want to start normally or want to launch windows repair.when i am clicking start normally a blue screen appears and it restarts while when i am choosing windows repair,the repair window display a dialogue box saying that "windows cannot automatically repair this problem", then i tried to reset laptop to factory settings but it didn't helped also my screen is flashing some lines and dotes like some thing is stuck. and when i am starting it now it's getting loaded i.e the "microsoft corporation" but just shows a black screen kindly please help me with this.
Related:

1 response

RiverFox Posts 8 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2009 1
Nov 7, 2009 at 01:20 AM
Start your machine in Safe Mode...

After the manufacturer logo goes away and BEFORE you see the Windows logo, hit the [F8] key on your keyboard a few times. If successful, you will be presented with a text-based menu.

Select "Safe Mode" by using the arrow keys, to highlight that choice and hitting enter.

Text will roll by.

If you get back to the desktop (it will look strange), then reboot normally. You're going to be ok.

If you DO NOT get back to your desktop, you might have to restore your machine from the DVD/CD it came with.

For future reference, when plugging in an external drive, make sure it's plugged in and powered on BEFORE booting your machine.