Computer doesn't boot normally NEED HELP!!!!

Closed
Glanzer - Aug 15, 2008 at 06:44 PM
Glanzer Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2008 - Aug 16, 2008 at 10:02 AM
My computer has always done this random thing where it will say that it wasn't shut down properly (but it was) and it goes to the screen before startup when you choose to go into safe mode or last good known configuration ect. It used to be that if you just went in in safe mode and restarted that it would work fine. But that's not the case anymore...if you turn it on it goes through everything fine and it gets to the part where there's the windows logo and then the bar on the bottom scrolling across...but then the monitor goes to power saving mode, and when it comes back on the startup process has reset itself. It works fine in safe mode though. and with networking i can get on the internet fine (hence why i am here :P

I've ran some registry cleaners, clean uninstalls...checked the drivers, whats the problem that it wont boot normally? I would really appreciate if someone knew what was going on, and avoid bringing it into a shop where the guy might not even know whats wrong.

Thanks in advance for any answers that anyone presents.
Related:

2 responses

pcmania9001 Posts 13 Registration date Tuesday August 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2009 6
Aug 16, 2008 at 05:13 AM
if i undersatnd you well its with the start up and shutting down that you are encounting some problems isnt it? if this is the case then dont you want to format your pc and do a clean installation with it ? or else what you can do also is to try to repair the windows registry have you tried this one?
Glanzer Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2008
Aug 16, 2008 at 10:02 AM
Yes i did some registry stuff to try and fix it but that didn't work. And i might not have done it correctly either...i know that a full system clean and restore would probably work but that is what i am trying to prevent...i fear that that is all i have left though...the restore disk is 2 feet to my left right now...haha...i'll wait for some more advice...then backup some of my stuff and start over with a clean slate...and pray that it works haha