No Operating System, No Nothin

Closed
Zander - Nov 10, 2009 at 06:42 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 10, 2009 at 08:46 PM
Ok so here is what i did.

I tried to install Windows XP Home on my dell computer. It worked. But then I tried to whipe the operating system and put on Windows XP Pro. So I started the Windows XP Pro install and when it restarted i desided that I was going to delete my XP Home OS. I found out how, like going through My Computer/ Properties and editing some file to delete my old OS. So when I restarted my computer, all i had was the Install for Windows XP Pro. But here is the issue.. It keeps comming up saying that the disk is damaged (The Install Disk) So.. Now i dont have a OS to try to "Fix" the disk or to even restart the install again. I have tried to put in the disk for my Windows XP Home but that wont work, because it comes up saying that I need to insert Windows XO Professional Service Pack 3 or something like that. So is there any way i can reinstall some type of OS on this computer?

Thanks Alex
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 10, 2009 at 08:46 PM
Go to killdisk.com (on another computer) and download their free program. Use it to clean off your hard drive. You should then be able to install Windows.

Good Luck