Need for speed crashes onto desktop [Solved/Closed]

recommendspc 15 Posts Monday August 4, 2008Registration date February 28, 2009 Last seen - Aug 24, 2008 at 09:09 AM - Latest reply:  GINO
- Apr 4, 2015 at 05:20 AM
Hello,

wanted to play need for speed most wanted but when the game starts it will crash onto desktop anything I can do to make things alright?
See more 

20 replies

Best answer
Thank you
dwnload 1.3 patch then install it, it worked for me

Thank you, nileil23 25

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1706 users this month

Download the crack
Nissan GT-R Ams Alpha16 > Mickey - Feb 25, 2015 at 08:38 AM
But when I complete the palm harbor rally and choose a pink slip the game crashes but I can drive in free roam and complete quick races PC version
To fix this problem just rewrite the .exe file from the crack folder in the Cd or DVD and paste it on the install directory
reinstall directx or download draw.dll or d3d9.dll (fix error) NFSU2
directx 9.0c download
Thank you
I found the solution!!!!! I tried almost everything there was out there from updating my drivers, getting rid of all my downloaded content, unintstalling the game and re installing it... but then I found this out. All you have to do is disable Data Excecution Prevention (DEP) for The Sims 3.

FOR WINDOWS:
Go To Start - Settings - Control panel and select System. Click on the Advanced tab and in the preformance section click Settings. Click the tab for Data execution prevention and click the option to [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select] go to browse then find where your game was installed and add TS3.EXE to the list. (The program may just be called TS3) Make sure it is an EXE extention (right click, go to properties and it will tell you) Try to add all versions that you have ( TS3, WA, HELS and Ambitions).
MAKE SURE YOU APPLY THE CHANGES AND REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM.

TADA :D

Sorry, not too sure how to do it for Mac :(
My bad..... didn't mean to post this here... but it might work if you use your game application instead of the sims 3 one ! :)
THANKS!
This actually worked for me too. No body has been able to help with this, even microsoft.
Thank you
i found it thx
Tell us what made you games crash then ????? thats what forums are for.
how could you get it man
Thank you
well I have a 64mb video it says its supported but the card type is not could that be cuaseing the crashes
vangogh34 16 Posts Saturday August 23, 2008Registration date June 10, 2009 Last seen - Aug 24, 2008 at 10:19 AM
Thank you
the error must have been due to your graphics card. you must have a better graphics card to be able to play the game..
hii, i've just installed nfsmw and have had before it underground 2, underground was working, then it failed after I installed win xp sp2, I have 128 vga, 1G ram ddr2, and when I run the comparaison bet. the min requirements, its ok
and when I run speed.exe it gives me windows error report, any1 can solve me this prob.???
I have nvidia geforce gt 630m version 335.23. but still , it kept crashin' to desktop.. 4gb ram core i5