HP laptop screen shaking

Solved/Closed
jade v - Nov 27, 2009 at 11:00 AM
 upul - Aug 5, 2010 at 04:05 AM
Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion dv4 1225ee bought in June 2009. It was ok at first then a thin green horizontal line began to appear at the bottom. Soon, it nearly covered the taskbar. That should've been a warning sign but *sigh* I ignored it. Then the real problem started. The screen began to shake up and down -- mildly at first and then it got so bad it's impossible to read anything on it. Any thoughts on what might be the problem? The unit has never been dropped, bumped or mistreated. Thanks in advance...
Related:

5 responses

same also with my laptop I buy this hpdv4 1225ee last feb.2009 last friday july 30th 2010 ,the problem begins in hpdv4 1225ee, I was shocke whe n I woke up in the morning the screensaver begun to shaken , then I turned it off.. after when I open it same thing problem , thats why I reformating my pc but nothing change , still shake when start up open.. after that when all program well be open it will stop & back to normal & after that incedents there is horizontal green line that appear on the upper part of my laptop I dont know why this things happen ..is there anybody can help our probs about this Hpdv4 1225ee? or a good would help to resolve this kind of problem please.... the configuration of my pc Vista primium... PLEASE HELP US ........
I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion dv4 1225dx, at the begining it was a green horizontal line on the botton of the screen now it has expanded and covering all the taskbar.

I chat with an HP tech support and says it is a hardware problem and it will cost me $398 plus taxes to fix it. He recomend me to buy another computer.

It looks like this is a common problem with this laptop, there should be a recall or something. HP mess up and want us to pay for this mistake?... I don't think so.
If I can't find an esasy fix with this computer. I will file a complain with the Federal Trade Comision. Nevermind, I am going to file a complain now, I hope the people who is having this same problem do the same.

here is the link
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Nov 27, 2009 at 12:23 PM
It's most likely a hardware problem. Either with the screen, the cable connecting screen to motherboard or the video adapter chip/motherboard. Since it's still on warranty you should call HP.

Good Luck
I got this HP HDX18 Premium series notbook......Screen replace 2 times....litely flikerings appeard in the screen...My $4000 wasted......HP ueseless......My brother got a SONY and HP no where near the quality of SONY

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
yup mine too.....its totally embarrassing... it was a gift for me from my father... well recently there's a green line on the top of the screen.. then when switching it on...its shaking... cant understand I really feel bad... The unit has never been dropped, bumped or mistreated. I love my laptop now I don't know...how to tell my father about this...and I don't know if its under warranty..
same also with my laptop I buy this hpdv4 1225ee last feb.2009 last friday , I was shocke whe n I woke up in the morning the screensaver begun to shake, then I turned it off.. after when I open same thing problem , thats why I reformating my pc nothing change , still shaken when start up open after that when all program well be open it will stop back to normal & after that incedents there is horizontal green line upper part of my laptop I dont why this things happen ..is there anybody can help our probs about this Hpdv4 1225ee?