Hello, my name is kevin im new to the forum. yesterday I fix a friends computer and when hooking mine back up I made a mistake I think by plugging my monitor in to the video card while the computer was on and then I started to smell something kinda of like burning smell so I quickly turn the power off then I rechecked the cable and plugged it back in with the power off started the computer up and the monitor said no signal.
restarted several times same thing. then I took out the video card put cable in the main connect on the computer started it back up, it gets to the desktop an just freezes right away, have to shut down with on off power button or by holding in the power button on front panel,
I tried to format back to factory settings and every time I try it freezes at around 45% recovery .
. Im pretty sure that the video card is not working cause when it is in the monitor does not work untill I plug it in the main plug and the fan on the motherboard I havent seen it going either the other fans work, so is it heatng my intel chip to cause it to freeze, or would I have shorted something else to causing the computer to crash or freeze, can any one tell me what they think might be wrong.
Configuration: windows vista home premium,I nternet Explorer 8.0 , HP G60 notebook pc, AMD Athlon dual-core QL-60 1.9 ghz, 2.0 gb, 32 bit operating system
Well something burned out. Without hands on access and diagnostic hardware/tools I can't tell what's wrong. Unless you have a lot of spare parts that you can swap in and out it's about time to take the PC to a repair shop.
just want to say thanx for the help I was deciding to just bring it to a repair shop cause I cant get any ware with it just just dont know wether to take it to future shop or a smaller repair place . I originally bought it at future shop, its there brand, cicero I bought it custom.