Dial up issue, Can't redail if dropped

Closed
Erinlove - Aug 29, 2008 at 09:26 PM
signalup Posts 18 Registration date Sunday August 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2009 - Aug 30, 2008 at 08:45 AM
Hello, Lately when I dial up to the internet and the line drops the icon stays in my task bar, and it shows I am still connected in the control panel. When I double click the icon I can not bring up status screen (it blinks and disappears quickly) And I can not redial because it says I'm connected. I can not get rid of the icon without rebooting. My only clue that I am no longer online is MSN crashes and pages don't load. (or my phone rings ha!)

I tried deleting it softly (if there is a thorough remove then I don't know about it) and running the connections wizard again to no avail. I know a virus originally messed with it but now my system is clean.

I seen this question on Google, in forums and no one ever answers
Rebooting several times a day is not an option and I am fully prepared to reinstall windows xp, but please tell me if it is my only coarse of action instead of merely ignoring my post. Reinstalling windows and downloading my programs again is an all day event for me.

Thanks for your kindness and for reading : P
All answers appreciated, even rambling 'I don't knows' lol
Related:

1 response

signalup Posts 18 Registration date Sunday August 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2009 5
Aug 30, 2008 at 08:45 AM
try to download a software called regfix have it installed and then run it or else what you can do is also to repair the windows also