Keyboard problem

Closed
ilsa - Dec 14, 2009 at 01:33 AM
Bilge Posts 2 Registration date Monday August 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2010 - Jan 31, 2010 at 01:07 AM
Hello,
i have laptop toshiba satellite L 310, my Operating system is windows 7 genuine, i have problem with my keyboard. when first time turn on my laptop, the keyboard cannot use, but after restart my laptop the keyboard and cursor can operating normally, what the problem ? the driver ?
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM
hi there,

its normal for new machines as on first run

it will scan for all hardware then after restart all will return to normal

Thanks
Bilge Posts 2 Registration date Monday August 31, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2010
Jan 31, 2010 at 01:07 AM
I have a problem with my Logitech Wave Keyboard (USB).

This runs perfectly on Windows Vista Home Premium on another computer.
I have now installed Windows7 Ultimate (RC version) in a dual boot configuration.

This generally works well, however, the Windows 7 was recently unresponsive (gone into "sleep" mode, and wouldn't be wakened!)

On reboot, I was offered the option of Normal Start, or, Check for repair (or some smilar option).
I was unable to choose from these options, as the keyboard does not 'power up' until the "Welcome" screen appears. i.e. no power to keyboard till then.

This also means that with this keyboard, I am unable operate the "del" option to get to the BIOS etc.

Fortunately the default options took me eventually via "Repair" to the "Welcome" screen, where I could enter my password to get into Windows 7.

Other than plugging in a non USB keybopard, is there any way to enable the Logitech Wave keyboard to operate from the power on point?

Bilge