Cannot install Windows XP

Closed
eauvital Posts 11 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2009 - Sep 2, 2008 at 03:17 AM
 asique - Mar 25, 2009 at 02:49 AM
Hey there,
Well my problem is that I cannot install windows xp actually on my computer. When I launch the installation and when it comes to the phase when it will detect my hard drive it will tell me that it cant detect any hard drive and though I have checked all the connections and a friend tried the hard drive on his pc yet it wont work, any idea please?
Related:

3 responses

rishalmp Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2008 1
Sep 2, 2008 at 04:22 AM
haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
how can chage vista (sata HDD) xp installation pls explain me
disable sata configuration 4m bios it will surely work
If you have a SATA hard disk, check your bios. If the 'Hard disk' mode is given as 'SATA', change it to 'Compatibility Mode'. Let me know if this works
The Bios setting of my Laptop is disable, how can i make it enable so that i can install windows xp. because my Laptop is preinstalled windos vista
Hi Jino

I took the advice you pasted here about changing the BIOS setting. I changed my settings (on the DELL Inspiron 1525) from 'AHCI to SATA' and I was then able to install Win XP.

Thanks for your assistance.