Trobble with Installing XP pro

Closed
Star99 - Sep 4, 2008 at 07:03 PM
 backstaberer1 - Apr 21, 2009 at 04:22 PM
Hello,
I'm having some problems when reformatting my computer, I boot from a XP pro CD an it goes though all its procedures for formatting and copying over the files but when the time comes to restart and load to setup windows where you enter the CD key, name an etc... It doesn't it just starts from the start again (like asking me to reformat again) it has done this countless time, an I have asked many people an know one seems to know what's the problem here.

So any help on the matter would be great.

Thank you in Advance.
Related:

2 responses

backstaberer1
Apr 21, 2009 at 04:22 PM
MB problem with that asus model - asus p5kpl-cm, if you check your CPU or southbridge chipset temp you'll notice that it OVERHEATS!! i fixed my problems by using another PC to install OS onto HDD which i then transfered back to crappy asus MB, it worked, as for the temperature i have installed 3 extra fans (so the stupid PC now has 5 fans) I still get laggy gameplay, i have jus downloaded some bios & chipset updates so I'm a gonna go home & try them out, see if the lag for my BF2 & COH goes away
voicesms Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2009 3
Sep 5, 2008 at 04:26 AM
i think that the windows cd you are using may be faulty and also try one thing :

go in the bios setup and then select the load optimized defaults and then start the windows setup

also do not constatntly full format your hard disk you could fry it