Back to XP from Vista

Closed
bob666 - Jan 30, 2008 at 09:14 AM
 rahul - Jun 14, 2008 at 03:28 AM
Hi!

I bought a new laptop which is running Vista Basic. All my other computers in the household run XP Home and I want to change my laptop to XP but am finding it difficult to say the least…

I have tried a straight reformat, but comes up saying that there is no hard drive. The hard drive is partitioned. I have tried to remove the partition, and seems to have done so, but I don't have access to the half that I removed. But still it says that I have no hard drive...
If someone could help me please!

Thanx
Related:

4 responses

First of all you must format all your hard drives into one and after that you can divide it on two aor three as you need.
Be carefull with installing audio drivers. I suppose you will need everything on high definition audio bus.
Good luck
Please help me my computer not starting up and im wondering if its the vista and my memory cant handle it. I want to change to xp.URGENTLY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
xp does not support SATA drive directly that's why you get the no harddrive error, so it'll be difficult going back to XP from Vista on your laptop. you can reinstall the Vista though.
pls send email as soon as possible