Replace file .exe upon Application close

Closed
blucher_au - Sep 7, 2008 at 04:22 AM
 kopps31 - Jan 9, 2009 at 07:55 PM
Hey Guys/Gals,

I was wondering if this is even possible, and stumbled across your forum hoping that someone out there has the experience to help me.

I have a .exe file that randomly corrupts or something, and I constantly have to replace it with another .exe file from the CD for the program to work. I can copy the .exe off the CD and keep it in a folder ready for quick copy, though it is a pain in the bum as the corruption is random.

So, my question is:
What can I do (script or otherwise), to replace the dodgy .exe (e.g. C:/Program Files/ X FOLDER X/ insert.exe) with the one from the CD (in another folder on my desktop).

Therefore, I imagine the script would look like
replace C:/Program Files/ X FOLDER X/ insert.exe with C:/USER/Desktop/ new.exe

Would it be possible to execute this command everytime I close the application, therefore it will be error-free to re-open everytime?

Thank you all very much.

Kind regards,

Kris
Related:

3 responses

manser.cz Posts 6 Registration date Saturday August 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 3
Sep 7, 2008 at 06:50 AM
hello,

i think you can do it but can you tell what application it is actually?
Okay cool.

Yeah it's just a game I had on my laptop before I went overseas, and now that I'm over here - I didn't bring the CD so I found a no-CD crack. I couldn't really be bothered to get someone to send it over here, I don't play it that often, but notice that it happens when I close the game down completely. And I need to replace the .exe all the time for the no-CD crack to work. I was hoping windows had an easy script solution.

Any suggestions?
hey, i've got a similar problem, except that my one is a msstyles file. when i run it the file corrupts, and theres an exception. can someone help me please?
thanks