Comparing Excel Columns - Help ASAP Please!

[Closed]
-
 Gary Myers -
Hello,
I need help, please! I have two worksheets (C & Q). Each worksheet contains four columns, each column has different information(A=Date, B=Misc, C=Description, D=Amount), but both worksheets are alike. I am trying to compare Column D in both worksheets, in order to find missing data in Worksheet Q.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 14, 2009
Status
Contributor
Last seen
August 7, 2021
your requirement is not full. If the macaro finds the missing data what do you want to with the missing data.; In my maco the data (in cold D) in sheet c which is missing in the same column in sheet q will be marked yellow. This may or may not be what you want to do with the missing data. any how I have given the macro below. Modify it with whatever you want.
first run the macro and see sheest c to get what happens and then modify the macro

Sub test()
Dim cfindq As Range, rc As Range, cc As Range, x As Double
On Error Resume Next

With Worksheets("c")
.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Set rc = Range(.Range("d2"), .Range("d2").End(xlDown))
For Each cc In rc
x = cc.Value
With Worksheets("q").Columns("D:D")
Set cfindq = .Cells.Find(what:=x, lookat:=xlWhole)
If cfindq Is Nothing Then
GoTo line1
Else
GoTo line2
End If
End With
line1:
cc.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
line2:
Next cc
End With
End Sub
I saw your coding and thought, hey maybe i can make that work for my problem. I guess I bit off more than I could chew.

I have two worksheets: NAB-Res Audit (07-01-14) and NAB VPN File (01-01 thru 09-01)

both worksheets have columns with a string of numbers and I'm trying to find out which numbers in NAB VPN do not show up in NAB-Res Audit.

In NAB-Res Audit the number string is in Column E and in VPN they are in column J. To further complicate matters, in NAB-Res Audit, the numbers are enclosed in quotation marks.

Ideally, I would want any number from NAB VPN that did not show up in NAB-Res Audit to be marked in some way. A yellow field seems fine. When we're doing it by hand, we have a column to the right of the numberstring (column K) that has as line one, Located in Res-Audit File (Y / N) and we supply the Y or N.

Can this macro of yours be modified to that purpose? Am I barking up the wrong tree. This is a task I preform every month and it takes several hours and seems like the kind of thing a compupter could do in seconds. I need help.