HP Pavilion dv5000

Solved/Closed
I Love The Beatles - Jan 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM
 Lucian - Dec 13, 2010 at 02:24 AM
So, I have an HP Pavilion dv5000. I went into one room, and the laptop was working well. Then I went to another room with it, put it down, and the computer turned off. I turned it back on, but the screen won't come up, but I can hear everything else working. What do I do?????
Related:

4 responses

Nope I Have The Same Issue Its Not Fried I Tested The Screen In A Differnt Laptop Works Fine And When I test The Screen With A Differnt Screen Same Bios Beep 1 Long Beep 2 Short Beep Meaning Monitor or Display Card Error. Theres Another Problem At Hand If Screen Is Good Ram And Power Is Good. Pc Is Booting You Even Hear It Jump To Desktop. But Screen No Reaction From Screen and No Reaction from output vga.
This Is My First Pc That Has Had Me Stuck
Ok Never Mind I fixed It i Replaced The Lcd Video Inverter And Video Cables And Im Back Up And Running Great Like New
The Video Inverter Is under The Lcd A Small Thin Long Board The Has 1 to 2 Plugs From The LCD Screen
xCODYx Posts 3 Registration date Saturday January 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2010
Jan 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Screen Burned Out Maybe, take it to a tech ?
How long have you had it.
Try plugging it back into charger.
Try to hard reset it.
Those are my ideas
I Love The Beatles
Jan 3, 2010 at 02:42 PM
I've had it since 2006. It's already had 2 repairs on it for the hardware and software. I'm just so fed up with this machine. Do you think a bulb blew out? I'm bringing it to Geek Squad tomorrow, but if they tell me it costs a lot to fix it or that I can't get it back by next week, I'm going to have a freak out.
sounds like ur computer screen fried. take it to a tech or buy a new one