Router HAS to have two computers?

Closed
krayziejen - Jan 3, 2010 at 09:02 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM
Hello,
does a router HAVE to have two computers hooked up to work? what Im trying to do is broadcast the cable connection thru a router so that my laptop can pick up in a different part of the house. I disconnect the laptop from the internet and try to find my network in the wifi locations available. when I see it listed, i click connect. it says it cannot connect, and then the wifi connection no longer apears in the list. all i want to do is use my laptop in another location of the house WITHOUT having to hook it up to another computer, i only have the one.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM
It should work. I suggest you reset the router to defaults and start again. Most routers have a hole in the back marked "reset". use a ball-point pen to depress the switch in the hole (30 seconds should work).
You might find better instructions at the router's web site.

Good Luck