Help with wireless internet

Closed
helpless - Jan 4, 2010 at 04:46 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 4, 2010 at 04:50 PM
Hello, i recently reset my computer to factory defaults because i had read a forum entry somewhere that that was all i could do since i had a virus that would not allow me to log onto my computer at all (not even safe mode) and now that i reset it, it keeps saying 'found new hardware: Ethernet controller' but when i try to install it or whatever, it just says 'unable to install please insert cd with installation software.' I don't have any cd so i dont know what i am supposed to do because i cant use my wireless internet because it wont install the ethernet controller so reply please.

(btw i am using my moms laptop so that i can access the internet)
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 4, 2010 at 04:50 PM
You need to go to the laptop manufacturers web site and download the correct hardware drivers. You can then burn them to a CD or copy them to a flash drive so you can transfer them to the broken computer.

Goof Luck