Outlook 2007 Crashes every time I open it

[Closed]
-
 Cool -
Hello, I recently bought Outlook 2007 as I have had ongoing problems with downloaded versions of Outlook.

Now, whenever I open Outlook 2007 (Windows XP) it opens, connects to the server, and then updates. A few minutes later though, it says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close (and then re-starts). I checked the forums and have now un-installed the add-ons (it kept telling me that my mobile add-ins were crashing) but this has not fixed it. I am connecting via cable internet as I thought perhaps my wireless was causing troubles, but this too has not fixed it.

Now, after a few minutes, an error message pops up in the right of my screen saying that the Outlook folder did not close properly the last time I closed it. It shows the location of my outlook folder (ie C:/Programs/Outlook etc) but I can't read the rest of the error message as Outlook shuts down before I can read it all.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts. Thanks!

3 replies

Thanks, but I've tried that several times already and had no luck. I've tried re-installing, disabling all firewalls..everything!! I am so stumped. Any other ideas?
Registration date
Tuesday November 18, 2008
Status
Last seen
August 1, 2010
Just reinstall the application, it should be ok by then, check your firewall as well and your anti-virus settings !