Incorrect Product Key

Solved/Closed
Disappointed - Jan 6, 2010 at 06:05 AM
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 - Jan 6, 2010 at 06:11 AM
Hello,

I have just purchased a new computer. A Windows 7 Acer, actually... Well, as a new computer, a Product Key is required... right? See, Microsoft Office is really important! I need it for my papers and powerpoint presentations and all those. I was prompted for the key... I found it on the sticker of the Certificate of Authenticity. But, after 3 times of making sure that I wrote down the correct characters and actually inputting them, it says it's incorrect! Why might it be incorrect? How? How can I fix this??
Related:

1 response

aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Jan 6, 2010 at 06:11 AM
Hi,

The key mentioned on the back of your computer on a sticker is the Windows product key not the Office product key. The Office package installed on your computer is just a trial version thus if you want to keep and use it you have to purchase the license on Microsoft website.
Otherwise you can download and use openoffice.org which is a free suitable office software compatible with all other major office suites like Microsoft Office (97-2007 formats).

Best regards