Sd cards not recognized

Closed
Satisfaty Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2010 - Jan 8, 2010 at 07:27 PM
 Satisfaty - Jan 9, 2010 at 03:50 PM
Hello, a friend has an ASUS Notebook X58C and recently she had everything on it reinstalled... sort of start over coz she had a virus before. Anyway, 2 sd cards that worked properly before on her and on other laptops now are not recognized. One is from a mobile, one form a camera and they still work just as well on my laptop but not on hers. I checked the device manager - it says the sd host controller is working properly and all the drivers are installed. Besides I hear the sound that indicates an external device is recognized but it doesn't show on 'my computer'. Any ideas?
Please help!
Lydia
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 9, 2010 at 05:23 AM
Hi there,

Are you sure that all driers have been installed correctly?the chipset & card reader driver?please check and do install or update driver version.

Thanks
Thanks to deepbreathe for the quick answer.
As far as my "computer skills" reach, I can check if all the devices have their drivers installed in Device Manager and there it says everything is ok. The weird thing is that in My Computer nothing else is shown but the one Hard Disc Drive (the guy who fixed her laptop after the virus was obviously dull enough to leave her with only one, he didn't separate the hard drive). I mean, no DVD Drive, no nothing. So I'm thinking software-wise is fine but some settings on My Computer make sd cards and dvd drives not appear in the starting window? Help!