Hp mini 1000 model reboot loop

Closed
BOB JONES - Jan 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM
 smo - Nov 24, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Hello,
My laptop is constantly rebooting over and over again. It goes to a blue screen for half a second then boots again. after that it asks me to go on safe mode or last known config. or start normally. i've tried to system restore but it won't work and i've tried switching batteries with a friend's working laptop. And since they don't have cd drives i can't put any disks inside. can someone please help me?
Related:

7 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2010 at 03:46 AM
Dear Bob,

Please check the power supply unit and cable which gets to the CPU,

the RAM slot and the motherboard. The problem should be coming

from one of these. Plesae confirm the matter in order to get proper

solution.

Thanks.
i have the same problem
mine is doing the same thing..
if you can get into safe mode go to my computer right click your C drive and choose properties go to tools and have your computer do a disk check of your harddrive when it boots. It may take a few times but when I did this it finally loaded xp.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
You need to find out what the error message is on the blue screen. To do this tap F8 as the computer is booting. This should bring up an advanced boot menu with a number of options (including those that are on your attached pic). Arrow down to 'disable automatic restart on system failure' then press enter. This will cause the computer to stop on the blue screen so you can actually see what it's saying.

EDIT: If it's a software problem (which looping problems often are) then it prob won't be covered by warrantly. Also it's best to try a factory restore before you sendYou need to find out what the error message is on the blue screen. To do this tap F8 as the computer is booting. This should bring up an advanced boot menu with a number of options (including those that are on your attached pic). Arrow down to 'disable automatic restart on system failure' then press enter. This will take you to the error screen
Crap. Mine too. What's the answer?
mine to but it gets to the hp symble then restarts