Bsod - serious issues

Closed
skodahatkid - Jan 10, 2010 at 08:11 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 11, 2010 at 04:15 AM
Hello,
currently having problems with my desktop,

when i turn on the machine, i get the two choices f2 and f12
then the screen shows

we apologize for any inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software might have caused this.

further down I have 5 choices

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt

last known good configuration

start windows normally,

all of these options go to a BSOD

reading

' A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

tech info:
STOP: 0x0000007B (0xf79c6528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

i have got a windows office CD-ROM but have been unable to re-boot off it.

i would appreciate any suggestions. one request though - i'm not to good on the computer lingo. so keep it simple!!!!!

thanks in advance!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 11, 2010 at 04:15 AM
Hi there,

You need to boot from the windows installation cd and make a system repair,press del key on system start up to enter bios setting,change boot sequence making cd/dvd drive primary boot ,save and exit setting and restart machine booting from cd.link below from official Microsoft website will guide you how to resolve this issue :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/troubleshoot-inaccessible-boot-device

To repair your system by windows installation cd you can follow the instructions from faq section on this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/516-repairing-windows-xp-using-cd-installation

Thanks