BSOD, can't boot, Nvidia graphics card crash?

Closed
Muchargh - Aug 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 15, 2010 at 04:51 AM
Hello,

I was playing my newest favorite game when my display kept going black and freezing. The display driver kept crashing and recovering again (the infamous nvlddmkm error I think). I didn't think much of it - maybe I just need to update drivers or something - but before I could exit out of the game and head over to Nvidia's website (I have the GeForce 8600M GS) the screen went black completely and the display driver couldn't recover as it had before. I shut the PC off and restarted. It booted to a blue screen of the usual "Windows did not shut down properly..." which lead to some sort of system restore screen (I think this is HP's built-in restore). It "restored" only to a screen of messed-up colors and lines and all sorts of goofy stuff, just not pitch black. I went "ugh" and shut the PC off again and restarted. This time, I have no screen what-so-ever, black, and after a few more tries, I don't hear the system boot. I put in my system restore CD (well, DVD, but whatever), but there's still no display to see what's going on. I know that I had the latest drivers from Nvidia, know that I think about it, but I leave on a study abroad in a week and I need my PC, help!

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 15, 2010 at 04:51 AM
Dear Sir,

It might be that there is some overcharge of static electricity on it hence causing the trouble, please confirm the issue.

Thank you.