My Computer Will Not Boot Up

Closed
cherrie_b - Jan 11, 2010 at 09:08 AM
jms22726 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 - Jan 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM
My friend has a Samsung np-p500y notebook installed with Windows XP. For a week now, she has not been able to log onto it.

The first thing that happened was that a pop-up showed up saying she had numerous virus. It asked her to pay by credit card for an anti-virus. She then tried to load up her Norton Anti-Virus software, but it had already expired. It then changed the wallpaper to a square saying that the computer was infected. She was then unable to get on any websites. It stated that she needed a security program.

The laptop is now not even booting up. It loads as far as Windows log-in, she logs in and it comes up saying "saving personal settings" logs off and shuts down.

She is desperate to retrieve her children's photos off there. Please could someone give us some advice on how to do this....and maybe how to actually log in successfully yo get rid of this virus.

I think she said it is a Netsky Worm Virus.

Thanks
Cherrie_b
Related:

2 responses

jms22726 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 1
Jan 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM
surely this is the problem of virus...and there one of script (virus) at the time of your boot is running and can't you log on to the desktop....for that you have to go to the "safemode" first than go to the "startup" option location at the program and remove any file there manually...(if it's only the problem of boot time only than surely help you...)...and other solution is go for the AVAST antivirus...install it and go for the boottime scanner...(if you got the desktop anyway...!)
EhL Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday January 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2010 5
Jan 12, 2010 at 11:29 PM
the virus laptop have the shutdown virus and the internet virus..
the shutdown virus usually do is to shutdown your laptop after you login it is automatically shutdown..
next is the internet virus it commonly do is to say to that your laptop have viruses but the true the virus is the internet,,,, only can be done is to slave the laptop hard drive to other pc,,, then format it!