New Printer interfering with wireless interne

Closed
lily - Jan 17, 2010 at 03:01 PM
zachmyah Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2010 - Feb 7, 2010 at 04:18 AM
Hello,

I just received a new HP printer for Christmas and hooked it up to my desktop and as far as printing goes, everything is just fine. I have a laptop in my living room that uses my wireless internet from my desktop. Since having connected the printer last Monday, the wireless internet reception on my laptop has suddenly become terrible. It will connect, and then disconnect every few minutes. Is this something to do with my printer you think? Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 17, 2010 at 05:30 PM
Does the printer have a wireless option? If you did not initialize the wireless option on the printer it could be broadcasting a constant signal that is interfering with your wifi.
Is the printer sitting next to the wireless router? The router should be located as far from any other electronic part as you can place it. Any hunk of metal will block the wifi signal.

Good Luck
zachmyah Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2010
Feb 7, 2010 at 04:18 AM
try reconfiguring your wlan configur laptop first then printer