Toshiba Satellite M305 Black Screen

Closed
lb1962 - Jan 17, 2010 at 09:46 PM
 ala - Dec 16, 2010 at 02:00 PM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite M305. It is about a year and half old. When I turn it on, the lights on the keyboard all light up like they are supposed to, but I have a totally black screen. There is nothing.

Any ideas on what it might be?
Related:

3 responses

I have it too, no clue as to what it is. I also seem to have an overheating problem that has even caused the plastic guard on the side to crack and break the upright sections. I love my toshiba but sad that after only 18 months it has turned into a mess.

Same model same problem. Sometimes when it goes to black screen I have to restart and even then sometimes it doesnt restart right away and will not boot, it takes 5 or 6 times cycling the power button to get it to finally boot
after having mine for about a year and a half (conveniently after the warranty ran out), my LCD screen needed to be repaired. To the tune of almost $200.

Mine didn't go black, so Im not sure if thats your problem, but it did flicker to point of not being able to be used. Im starting to think the lcd screen is a big problem with these toshibas.
Blocked Profile
Jan 17, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Dear Sir,

Please check the graphic card and motherboard that you are using.

The problem might be coming from one of these or simply the cables

to the display connection might be disconnected. If you don't know much

about how to open the laptop and to check whether the cables are well

connected, please get it to a computer technician for having it repaired.

Thanks in advance.