My laptop screen is dead

Closed
jabir - Jan 24, 2010 at 03:59 PM
ireland1916 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2010 - Jan 24, 2010 at 05:55 PM
Hello, my dad bought a compaq laptop in 2005 its a Presario M200 anyways he used in when he was in Iraq and it worked fine and it worked fine for a while after he got back. anyways it messed up and we took it to a friend and he fixed it. well about a 4 months ago my dad pulled it out to take it with him to afganistan. he was messing with it and all of a sudden the screen went black. well we kept turning it on and he rebooted it and all that poped up was a black screen with a typing thing at the top of the page and after a few minutes it the screen went dead. well a couple weeks ago i got it out and started messing with it. I noticed that the power button was orange and it sounded like it was running but the screen was dead and not responding . So i was wondering if anybody could give me a clue as to what may be wrong with this laptop. i tried the FN f6 and it didnt work.
Related:

1 response

ireland1916 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2010
Jan 24, 2010 at 05:55 PM
i was using my acer 5535 laptop on thursday nite as normal everythig grand. i turned it off properly
but friday when i switched it on there was nothing no picture just a black screen i could hear d fans and all that clicking it but nothing else pls can anyone help me