ROUTING 3G MOBILE INTERNET

Solved/Closed
victoria79 - Jan 30, 2010 at 11:34 PM
 victoria79 - Mar 16, 2010 at 04:24 AM
Hello,

I have an acer laptop and I'm using a 3G mobile network to connect to the internet. Basically, I have a 3G SIM inserted in my laptop and that's what I'm using to surf the web. My question is, how can I route that network to my other devices at home? I have another laptop with no internet connection and I would like it to connect to that same network in my acer laptop so I don't have to subscribe or pay an additional charge for the 2nd laptop to have internet connection as well.

Please help!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Jan 30, 2010 at 11:51 PM
You can establish an ad-hoc wireless connection between the two laptops. Start "internet sharing" on the one with the 3G connection it should work. This site has some info on internet sharing
https://www.home-network-help.com/internet-connection-sharing.html

Good Luck
Hi, All!

I've setup ICS successfully in my Vista laptop with the help of xpcman. However, I have upgraded to Windows 7 , followed the same steps as with the last OS I had and now, I'm having difficulty. The client can see the host's network but there is no internet access to the client (IP: 169.254.XXX.XXX).

I need your help once again.

Thanks!
thank you so much xpcman! as always, problem solved because of your help...